This looks to have been a very lovely building with nice grounds. As with so many that we see it has been allowed to degenerate into a shocking state.
I was actually looking for somewhere else when my internet search had me stumble across this place. I liked the look of it and made up my mind to
set off straight away for this place.

Following is some information from wikipedia on this wonderful Jacobean Hall built in 1608.

Bank Hall is a Jacobean mansion south of the village of Bretherton in Lancashire, England. It is a Grade II* Listed Building and is in category A of the
Buildings at Risk Register for Lancashire. It is listed on the English Heritage "Heritage at risk register 2009", as in "very bad condition" and "priority B"
for restoration and conservation action. The hall was built in 1608 by the Banastres who were Lords of the Manor. The present house was extended
during the 18th and 19th centuries by descendants of the Banastre's, the Fleetwoods, the Leghs and the Kecks (who later became Legh-Kecks).
The main extensions were built for George Anthony Legh Keck, the last resident owner in 1832–1833 to the design of architect George Webster, (1797–1864).
Legh Keck who died in 1860 and his wife Elizabeth who predeceased him in 1837 left no heir and as a consequence the estates passed to the third
Lord Lilford who had other estates at Lilford Hall and Bewsey. The contents were auctioned in 1861 and the hall used as a holiday home until it
was leased to colliery owner, Edward Frederick Crippin. The next tenants were Sir Harcourt Clare and his family who lived there from the late 1890s
until mid 1920s and the Seddon Browns from late 1920s until 1938. During the Second World War the army was billeted at the property. After the war
the estate was returned to the Lilfords whose estate offices moved to the east wing of the house until 1972 when the house was vacated. During this
time the building was used as a filming location for the film The Haunted House of Horror.

The house was vandalised, and lead stolen from the roof causing water damage and the rapid deterioration of the building. In 1995 the
Bank Hall Action Group was formed to raise public awareness of the property and funds, host events, and clear the overgrown grounds which took a
number of years. In spring 2000 the first signs of the snowdrop carpets began to show after extensive clearing of the gardens. In 2003 Bank Hall was
the first property to feature on the BBC's Restoration program and was second in the voting. In 2006 the Bank Hall Action Group and Urban Splash
planned to restore the house as luxury apartments retaining the gardens, entrance hall and clock tower for public access and the Heritage Trust for
the North West planned to renovate the potting sheds and walled gardens.

Lots of information on wikipedia here.

The Hall's own website is here.

So on with the images:

The clock tower with the scaffolding round it.

view of the back of the hall

Iron fireplace

Looks like an oversized game of kerplunk

well after that invite it'd be rude not to go for a lil wander round the grounds wouldn't it ?

ah well enough of the grounds , lets see more pics of the hall

All in all a very lovely building and grounds and nice relaxed wander around.

On the way in I had an altercation with some barbed wire - sadly it won , leaving a hole in my trousers and my leg - Barbed wire 1 - 0 Judders.

Thanks for looking