Thanks

Arrow Collegiate Tunnels AkA 'The Muffin Hole', Sheffield - August 2010.

Collegiate Tunnels AkA 'The Muffin Hole' - Visited By Ojay & Aem.

After a couple of photos wound there way over to me from Kitty & Woodburner a couple of weeks ago, I was intrigued by what lay below...

Props to kitty for this, and sadly I missed out on the earlier meet, worse still I missed out AGAIN on Kitty's underground bakery products

Anyway as I was visiting Sheffield earlier in the evening with Woodburner & Aem as Megatron was still on the to-do list, and after finally heading out I

decided it would be rude not to check this place out. Sadly Woodburner headed home and Kitty was too busy baking cakes, so off me and Aem went, in search of manholes.

Cannot find any history on this place sadly, but by assumption I would agree with the others and say it was some kind of underground shelter used during the war.

Quickly lifting liddage we were soon in and down a flight of steps to the system of tunnels below

Through this door were a number of tunnels, where it was evident benches were once mounted to the walls

Along the way there were 2 air shafts, I didn't take any shots as an absence of daylight made it pointless

After winding around to the other side was this racking, I believe 'Man storage' as used by Kitty

Down the final tunnel and through another door on the left was another set of steps that led the way back out

Once again, thanks to Kitty & Woodburner for sharing this one, not a bad little mooch

Thanks

Default Re: Collegiate Tunnels AkA 'The Muffin Hole', Sheffield - August 2010.

Interesting stuff indeed
    I have a plan that is so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Thanks

I like!
    Very much!
    I struggle going around lifting manhole covers! people ask questions!!!!
    "It looks like its an awful long way down.........................Ouch.... actually, its not that far"!!

Thanks

That light in 'man storage' looks intrinsically safe, makes me think they maybe used this place to store explosives or at the very least something flammable in that room.

Thanks

I do like this. Very nice pictures indeed.

Thanks

Thats really cool, hidden under a little galv cover too!
    Thank You to Flickr for Hosting my Images

Trying to Stay off the Tourist Trail.