Thanks

Arrow Strathmartine(Baldovan) Asylum, Dundee July 2010

Visited with Revelation_Space

Been on my list to do after discovering it existed about a month ago(no idea how i never knew about with it, i lived in Arbroath for about 3 months in 2007 and i visit this area regularly). We didnt get to visit all the buildings, but we got in to most of them. I know a lot of people dont find this interesting as its in an extreme state of decay, but thats what made me want to visit this place. Spent about 6-7 hours exploring this place and got many photos.

There was a large Aggreko Generator running at part of the site which i found a bit strange, didnt investigate it much further incase there was peole working around it.

I want go on about the history as im sure people have viewed many reports on this place before, ill just post some photos then

First building we went in to was very squishy.

Although a bit of a poke around and we found this area which had a wrecked Renault Megane, and in another door the shell of a Relian Rialto on its roof. This seemed very out of place.

Decided to check out this room which seemed to consist of two oil tanks a lot of rust and the lower floor flooded with oil

Moved from there rather quickly, and in to the main building(at least i think it was the main building)
    The canteen was interesting with the paintings by children on the walls, nice ceiling too.

Had a wander around some of the bedrooms/wards, pretty dark in most of them due to the windows being boarded up.

Nature is definatly reclaiming the recreation hall

Continued on through the rest of the main building which seems to get worse the further you get in to it.

Decided to check out the buildings further in to the site, these are the ones half way up the hill(shouldve checked a map or something to get the names of these buildings). However there was little of interest in them just a lot of BB pellets i assume from Airsoft games.

After this we decided to check out the buildings at the top of the hill, however our clumsiness caused a rather loud noise after which we heard someone in the distance say "what was that" we decided to leave after spotting someone in a fluorescent jacket coming up the road and that one of the doors of a building we were just in was now wide open. A swift exit was made with no trouble .

Quite enjoyed this place, but i can see what would put people off. I just happen to be a fan of very derelict sites. Hope i didnt ramble on too much for somewhere thats been covered a few times before.
    Some of my Photography - moleeth.deviantart.com

Thanks

Default Re: Strathmartine(Baldovan) Asylum, Dundee July 2010

Here are my photos from that day. You totally can't cover a site effectively with 12 images, so I'm posting 24 (though that hardly covers it either, but it's better than 12).

Supper saggy ceiling...

Creepy how the children's drawings are all in perfect condition while the surrounding structure is falling apart.

Thanks

Default Re: Strathmartine(Baldovan) Asylum, Dundee July 2010