Some time last year, myself and a fellow Derby explorer went to investigate a curious looking complex of conveyors served by a rusting overgrown railway line in North Derbyshire. We found out it was in fact a Coal disposal point and while had been disused for a few years, was well secured despite the rather lazy security guard on site. Mission failed, we got a few exterior shots but they never materialised on the internet - further research suggested that it had been sealed for some time judging by several reports consisting of exterior shots.

Then last week I got a text of another Derbyshire accomplice, whom for the sake of this article I'll call 'mendo'. He got inside, got shots and showed them me when he got home. I decided it was rude of me not to pay a visit after a year of scratching my head over it. Oxcroft Coal Disposal Point, a short distance from the ever noisy M1 was built by British Coal in 1980 and processed coal from opencast mining for power stations and other industrial concerns in the local area.

Eventually it passed to UK coal and operated until 2006, however reopened when the local area was turned into an opencast mine. It closed again in 2007 and has remained closed ever since. Another one off the list as far as I'm concerned.