Thanks

Arrow Utility International/York Trailers - Northallerton - April 2010

Utility International Closed in July 2002 with the loss of 70 jobs.
    Formerly called York Trailers, this 90 year old firm with a somewhat marked history closed in March 1997 due to a lack of orders, in April 1998 it was taken over by the american firm Utility international and remained with them up until its closure in 2002

Situated on the outskirts of Northallerton this site is very derelict, and very dangerous with huge amounts of vandalism.
    It has been comprehensively asset stripped and currently has planning for development for shitloads of houses to be built, right next to the East Cost Mainline.
    Its a real eyesaw for anyone leaving/entering town, there was a court order out to the current owners to clean up the site and prevent access upstairs however only the minmum work was done, and I managed the stairs fine.
    There used to be a block of about 6 chalets on the site for travelling reps to stay in, these were demolished circa 2003 due to their use by illegal immigants/hobo's/druggies...

Not a great deal to see, but a nice wander in some very BIG sheds interrupted occaisionally by 125mph trains howling past.
    Dangerous Site, Pigeon shit, unstable walls, missing stairways and missing manhole covers....

I've never seen another report on this place and I thought it needed recording before it is gone for good.
    Visited with iSaw.

View of Admin from the front gate, gatehouse is missing.

Many More be here
    Thank You to Flickr for Hosting my Images

Trying to Stay off the Tourist Trail.

Thanks

Default Re: Utility International/York Trailers - Northallerton - April 2010

Nice one mate. This looks like a place I would like to wander around. The first shot is cool - very Eastern European