Thanks

Arrow GNSR Burghead Line - 03/2010

GNSR Burgehead Line
    Sorry if anything is over/under exposed, first time I've used manual on my camera (I normally use shutter/aperture priority but I've decided to ditch the learner wheels).

This is somewhere I need to go out for the day and explore fully. TheSurveyor and I drove past here getting back to Elgin and I glanced over the bridge and noticed the old tracks next to Roseisle Distillery and never noticed them before...

Done a quick visit and have checked it out on Googlemaps and these tracks go all the way to Burhead I think so I need to get myself down all the tracks and see what is hidden in the woods, I think it's a good 2-3 miles of track so it should be a good walk.

GNSR bridge

Roseisle Distillery to the left

Noticed on this pole it says "Rowell Aberdeen, No34 1862"? I think it says 1862.

Thanks

Default Re: GNSR Burghead Line - 03/2010

Being a spaz I forgot to copy all of the files I was going to add into this report so I only have a handful on my memory pen (no nets at home) so I will add the rest tomorrow.

Went out yesterday and walked along the old Alves to Burghead line which is about 3-4 miles in length. 3-4 miles to me is an easy walk which I can do in less than an hour but it took me a good 3 hours as I fell over a lot of things, got stuck on a barbed wire fence and ended up upside down, fell into knee high sheep shit which sucked.. I had to clean most of it off in a stream and stank to high heavens and had Wurzel laughing in my ear. It got all over my left arm, up my thighs, in my hair.. Everywhere. I mistook shit for mud and paid dearly. I also had to jump through a lot of gorse and bushes on the tracks for most of the walk. I also had to avoid a lot of sheep and got chased once again by sheep... I don't just fail, I fail so bad that the words 'epic fail' don't even cover it but it was well worth it.. Well, except the sheep shit. Thank god I was wearing Cammo... You could smell it though (And I stank out Wurzel's lorry, I'm trying to be sorry but I can't and that's what you get for laughing :P ). There are no pictures of me covered in sheep shit but trust me when I say I was covered and having a bad day. I fell in pretty deep but saved my Tank (My Canon is olde).

Anyway...

STOP! Hammer time?

The Burghead junction and a small shed in the distance.

Couldn't get in the shed as it's padlocked but managed to get these from the window.

Just at the start from Alves (pronounces Avis).. These tracks are deemed 'live' byt Scotrail.. You are going to have a seriously bad day if you end up here on a train as there's a shit load of gorse (and I have shredded legs to prove that one).

The old electric lines for the track? Not sure.

The first bridge of many.

And the view from the bridge, pikey-ville to the right and there's a lot of strewn rubbish on the tracks

Also found this on the side of the tracks and another bridge.

I will post the rest tomorrow

Thanks

Default Re: GNSR Burghead Line - 03/2010

Lol, it's too much hard work for the Pikey's :P

TS and Nugget, when I am done kicking in Wurzel (I have many bruises on my legs now, thanks Wurzel) I am getting you two next

Carrying on from where I left.

And another bridge...

At the back of Roseisle Distillery

I couldn't help but think 'no shit' when I saw this

Just inside the distillery after the gates. Seriously over-grown here

Back to the bridge I was at last week

And some things I missed last week

The distillery to the left (and just behind this is a big pile of sheep shit I mistook for mud)

And now into the woods..

Thank god, a clear track...

At this point I was really smelly and tired and very, very happy to see Burghead through the trees

And here we are at the very end.