The "Lone Tree" has its humble beginings back in the 17th Century and makes it one of Buckinghamshire's oldest pubs.

It was a great "Biker's Pub" friendly and with a warm welcome
It use to be one of my favourite pubs, which I use to frequent not only for some real Ale, but also for some great Biker meets.

This all came to an end on 26 November 2007, when an electrical fire, started in the roof, burnt the place to the ground

Today, the pub has been forgotten, and now lays derelict in its own fenced off side road The eerie silence is only broken by the pub sign that squeaks, mournfully & ghostly in the blowing wind

Don't know why it has never been rebuilt, as its location is very rural and would make a nice trade from the passing motorists on the nearby A.421.
We live in hope that one day the "Lone Tree" will rise again from its ashes

The Lone Tree, circa 1919

The Lone Tree, circa 1991

The Lone Tree Circa 26 November 2007, after the fire had ripped through her

The Lone Tree, circa 27 December, 2009. Now derelict & forgotten

Side buildings and overgrown patio/beer garden.

Inside, the main bar area devastated by fire, the building is very unsafe.

The fire did not reach the 400 year old side bar, which still shows its proud English Oak beams complete with flagstone floor

The varnish has long been worn away by the weather, these 2 chairs stand outside, rescued by firemen

The silence is only broken, by the faded, rusting sign that swings in the Dusk of the night that is closing in fast! Time to depart and leave the ghosts to there pub

more pics here:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...cks/?start=all