Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Early explores.

Thanks

Default Re: Early explores.

my first urbex experience was probably when i was 5 or 6 - me and my dad used to walk to the nearby village of kingsmuir along a nice wee path that went past a derelict cottage, and every time we went passed it I would want to go in and look around, and sometimes we would walk the dogs through an old quarry and would frequently visit an old radio station near there.
    As I got older I visited an old transmitting station, then me and my friends came across an old factory near our house that we went in and had a look around, I remember seeing cupboards with bottles of chemicals and just being amazed by it Ima try and go back the that factory for some pics soon

Thanks

When I was younger, probably 12/13 we used to rake about an area where there were old houses and new houses being built. Just the usual, sneaking some drink out of the house and the like. We were having a look round when some old man saw us & started shouting. We all ran, we all knew the way out except one (who hadn't been there before), we ran across the building site and jumped the barbed wire fence over a ditch. The newbie missed and caught himself on the fence. Being nice friends we all continued to run and left him 'hanging' by his jeans. It was only after about a week later when we met up with him again we discovered what had happened. He had managed to tear off one of his nuts on the barbed wire and ended up in hospital. They didn't manage to save it !

Thanks

My first real explore was when I was around 12-13 years old. Was the old butlins site nr Filey. My dad worked for a local engineers and they got the contracts to clear the roads for the demo guys going in. I remember being in the tractor with my dad. He stopped and I asked if i could go for a walk. He let me out and i remember walking up a set of overgrown curvy steps. I walked out onto the side of the outdoor pool..looking into the building holding the indoor pool. I sat on one of the big blue fountains waiting for my dad to come back again lol. Kicking myself now.
    Find something in this world worth dying for, and spend everyday living for it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/claire_dobson/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234