Thanks

Default Not quite a report- 'The Vacant House' - Hampshire, UK

I found this gem while walking around where I live. I'd just gotten off the bus and decided to walk the long way, when I saw it. It's about 10 min walk away from where I live, and about 3 mins drive. The times I've been there were with my father, because of how safe it might be.

Please note that I'm not sure if I'm in the right place... I'm a new member, and saw that this was for new members... As this is a simple house, I thought it best not to make it a 'report'. I did read the rules, but I don't really know where to post it.

Also these pictures were taken in February 2014.... But I was debating on whether or not to upload them.

Technically this place doesn't have a name, but I tend to just refer to it as "the vacant house" or "the abandoned house". I wasn't brave enough to go upstairs. I guess it's my first ever proper urban exploration trip. I've yet to find more where I am... Or at least somewhere that isn't 3 hours away!

What I know of this house is that a couple lived there. Once the woman's husband died, she just left. Left all her stuff. Gone, with the only trace being that she lives just up the path. So the last time I went I was a bit cautious, because she does only live a minutes walk away, perhaps less. So I didn't have permission, whoops. But yeah. According to someone who works near there, she's selling the house. He wanted to buy it, but she's selling the house for £500,000. Then he said that he'd have to buy the land too, as you can't really do anything with the house. The land is also £500,000. JEE-ZUS! She has no descendants that are known, so I have no idea what she'd do with the money to be honest. But the person who was considering buying the house (before finding out the ridiculous price) actually got caught on the grounds, and apparently he was fined. It put me off going more than once more a bit, but the last time I went I found new stuff in there, like empty tissue packets and stuff, so I reckon there were squatters in there. Not wanting to run into any possibly dangerous individuals, I thought it best to make that one of my last visits.

The first time I went I had to have my dad pull the door open as it had been tightly shut and covered in vandalene. We always closed the doors but when we came back they were open... I don't think we were the only ones going in that house, what about you?

Here are the pictures.. I hope you like them!

First ever view of the house

There seemed to be syringes in that room after I took a (risky) climb over the rubble on my last visit... I don't have the pictures of the room uploaded yet, unfortunately.

Newspaper from 1992.. I think that might have been just before it was abandoned.. So that means it's been abandoned for probably 20 or more years!

Well then...

Another car I spotted

Moss in the seats of the car.... No test drive then?

Proper view of the house... Very Scooby-Doo-ish isn't it?

Anyone need the loo? Okay side note- I know it's a tiny bit blurry, but it was quite an interesting and amusing find!

The postcode on here no longer exists... Funny that

There was plaster and stuff like that all over the place.... Oh, and a hole in the floor

One of my best pictures... I hope you guys didn't wanna sleep tonight!

Another one of my favourites. The stairs. Very haunting, even during daylight! Wasn't too keen on wandering up them though!

Well this is... Different.

The last of my better pictures. Not too shabby for a cameraphone!

Final joke-y picture in the conservatory. I think I deserved that rest from having to crawl to get into it I'm not showing my face.. I'm very self-conscious :/

I hope you liked my gallery of the best bits of the house. I have some more of different rooms that I have yet to upload from my phone. Yes, I used my phone as a last-minute thing. I couldn't find my camera. I've stopped going to the house due to the reasons I've specified above.... Due to the amount of possible druggies and pikeys in there it's a risk, but has some great photo opportunities!

Oh, and before I forget, this isn't ALL of my pictures. A fair few of them from the first trip were blurry as I was a little bit shaky and worried about getting caught the first time around. Then there's the pictures of other rooms that I didn't go in the first time as I didn't have a torch. I still need to get them online!

Thanks

Default Re: Not quite a report- 'The Vacant House' - Hampshire, UK

decent first report seems like your hooked too dont worry to much about trespass just dont do any damage or take anything however small (except pictures) and you will be ok deffo watch out for the pikeys/druggies tho

Thanks

Thanks! I knew it wasn't just me in the first place. I don't know what got me hooked, but I think it was just the calm beauty of something that has been untouched for many years

Thanks

Not a bad report!
    Well done for getting out there!

Be safe n all that with your future missions
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.

Thanks

Thanks for that!!

I recently tried Treloar Hospital- Managed to hop the fence just fine, but couldn't get any points of entry as most of the windows were bricked up past the boarding- Some were double or treble boarded.... I know that the windows at the top aren't bricked, but I can't fly, nor did I have a ladder on me.

The other building(past the tower) was also difficult tbh. Gave up after trying to get around all the vegetation.

Only personal evidence of me and my friend's visit was the cut on our hands we both got from the fence.

I guess there might be people who are curious as to what I look like...

here you go:

Edit: I know I've drawn on my hand..... I have too much free time in class
    Last edited by Party Poison; 19-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.