Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Islip, Oxfordshire/Fallowfield, Manchester
    Thanks

Default Fletcher's Paper Mill, Greenfield, October 2013

Visited with Landie. Apologies for this being late, it's just me being lazy and putting it off until now.

In another one of the adventures with me acting as a guide for him, we hit Fletcher's Paper Mill, safe in the knowledge that access was still there and it was (fairly) easy to do. We both love lots of rusty machinery too, so we couldn't go wrong. I'd already been here with Zotez, 4 months ago to the day we went; we were successful in getting in and not getting caught, but as soon as we were about to make our way into what I'm going to show you below, we heard banging on the shutters. I was well aware of the cunning security here, who have peepholes set up round the main building, ready to pounce on any unsuspecting explorers and catch them out. On the first visit we did spot security once on patrol and again loitering at the front gate whilst inside, who despite seeing us so close to the fence appeared nonchalant about us being in the next field; on the other hand, he wasn't stupid. He knew what our game was, and once we were in, I was adamant that he banged on the shutters to get us running like frightened rabbits caught in the headlights. We fell for it the first time, but not now.

No sign of any security or activity whatsoever. So (without being too explicit and giving away where and how we got in) got inside, getting absolutely caked in grease. Foul! I didn't bother taking pictures of what I'd already seen again, so I took Landie round the bits I'd already seen. Onwards we went, making our way down to the bits every explorer comes here for. The pictures are a bit naff to be fair, so I apologise; I'm toying about with various photo editing software, so it's all very much hit and miss.

I daren't had risked taking a photo from one end to the other, considering security had a carefully hidden peephole at the end.

Luckily for us, however, I didn't see or hear a squeak from security. Not once. Landie apparently heard a woman's voice at some point, but I didn't. Who knows? Moving on, I was stunned to find more machinery at the back! Considering it's been closed since 2001, I was astounded to see this part in such (mostly, the offices were collapsing) immaculate condition!

One thing that I really like about Fletcher's is just how intact the place is. Looking around, you'll find random machinery just left in place from the day it closed. One room, though locked tight, still had the computers and paperwork left on the desk, captured in time. That said, other areas have pretty much been taken over by nature with ferns and moss growing on the walls. Wonderful.

Will I go back? Maybe; I'd be interested to know where the medical bay in this place is, and what lies in the buildings near the front of the site. But considering where security is, it might be a little too close for comfort... let's see. On a final note, from what I hear, we were really lucky to have not seen or heard security that day. We never got cocky and started making a hell of a noise when we went round, so that's probably why. On the other hand, Badbatz and co. went after we did, and had security on their tail from the moment they were in to the moment they left. Luckily they got away, but apparently they went inside in hot pursuit! Considering the amount of broken asbestos lying about, why they'd do this beggars belief! Has anyone been busted whilst inside?

Love as always,

TBM x

Thanks

Default Re: Fletcher's Paper Mill, Greenfield, October 2013

Yeah some of the beginners from the lls got nabbed. Good shots T, one of my favs is fletchers
    BLOG I SPLORE WHERE NO MAN HAS SPLORED BEFORE

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr beardy For This Useful Post:

birdinanaviary (10-11-2013), FudgeUE (10-11-2013)

Thanks

Me and Clough had a game of COD:Ghosts here, there was about 20 guys in camo having an airsoft do, we managed to get in and around without being spotted, at times we were less than 2 feet away from them, was good!

As for the front buildings, there isn't a whole lot to see, there's a kitchen/canteen and a place full of cardboard tubes, that's about it.

Slap your bass, Not your kids !!

Thanks

Me an Geo got busted by the police. They were fine and so was security.

I remember the day well Fowle, we were going throu the wooden bit at the side when we saw a dude laid down in a gillie suit with a airsoft version of a SVD or whatever them russian sniper rifles are. The outside was full of fat dudes dressed like army men. Was great we were in trainers and t shirts pawning em. Should of Knifed em and stole the dog tags cos Battlefield is way better then COD.

"How come the compression is so bad on all those shots man? It looks like they've been edited with a Commodore 64." JST

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clough For This Useful Post:

FudgeUE (10-11-2013)

Thanks

dunno what your on about kidda, these pics are cracking!

went with urbexninja a while back, no sign of security patrolling at all, and it was a blazing hot day back end of summer. we saw some activity at the front main entrance, but seemed to just be a dude chilling having a brew, that was it. got into the grounds and wondered round the whole complex no probs but never found a successful entry (someone later from here gave us a heads up, but we haven't been back since)

only trouble we had were from wondering sheep from the nearby fields, lulz were had, but none were shagged :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyday58218195 View Post
    but none were shagged :P

Lies!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fowle View Post
    Lies!
    okay, well, what i meant to say was, we tried, and had every intention of attempting sexual intercourse with a few sheep, but it turned out they weren't very willing. shame really, i was really looking forward to it, specially as its the closest encounter i had since about 2002 :P

Thanks

Get yourself to Chernobyl, i hear the radioactive sheep are well up for it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fowle For This Useful Post:

birdinanaviary (10-11-2013), FudgeUE (10-11-2013), UrbexNinja (15-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fowle View Post
    Me and Clough had a game of COD:Ghosts here.
    'MARK MY DICKING WORDS' - Derphouse, Aug 12
    Flickr Website

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdinanaviary For This Useful Post:

fowle (14-11-2013), FudgeUE (17-11-2013)

Thanks

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fowle For This Useful Post:

birdinanaviary (20-11-2013), FudgeUE (17-11-2013), jST (17-11-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast