Thanks

Default Welspun UK Ltd / Christy UK Ltd, hyde (Home Textiles & linen suppliers) march 2013

HOPE YOU ENJOY

I Arranged to meet up with NoodleThesis the night before to go and do this place that i saw the day before.
    So i met up with him around 8 in the morning and headed over to the textile building that was attached to the ASHTON BROTHERS COTTON MILL that is now just a big pile of bricks and rubble.
    We cut though wilson brook to get onto the site without being spotted because i didnt want to get nicked climbing over the stone wall on a busy main road.
    I had my waders on and noodle used 2 plastic bags around his feet to keep dry but it didnt work he got his feet piss wet, it was a good laugh mate

I cant find much history of when it was built etc, All that i know is that they have other places dotted around here and there around the country, and they do some production in INDIA.
    When they shut down the hyde warehouse they had shipped all the macinery from the building over to INDIA.

They specialized in Knitwear, Bath Towels, Towels, TEXTILES, TEXTILE, Robes, knitwear styles, Bed Linen, knitted fabric, bedroom accessories, Knitwear and Textiles, Throws, knitwear products, Knitwear Textiles, towel robes, Bathroom accessories, Christy towels, bed throws, Beach towels, TOWEL, Luxury bed linen

HERE ARE MY PICTURES TAKE A LOOK

THANKS FOR LOOKING I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

HERE IS A VIDEO LINK OF US ON OUR EXPLORE
    (sorry its a link i cant get it up in video format)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXU2mxFG5WA
    exploring in manchester ?
    give me a SHOUT!!!

tomos25@live.co.uk

Thanks

Default Re: Welspun UK Ltd / Christy UK Ltd, hyde (Home Textiles & linen suppliers) march 201

Christy is most famous for their soft cotton towels but of course they make other stuff as you've mentioned. Quite a trashed office block and its a shame theres no sign of manufacturing. Still some features like the stairs and doors to see. Good on you for getting out there

Thanks

Default Re: Welspun UK Ltd / Christy UK Ltd, hyde (Home Textiles & linen suppliers) march 201

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Christy is most famous for their soft cotton towels but of course they make other stuff as you've mentioned. Quite a trashed office block and its a shame theres no sign of manufacturing. Still some features like the stairs and doors to see. Good on you for getting out there
    thanks mate nice 1
    exploring in manchester ?
    give me a SHOUT!!!

tomos25@live.co.uk

Thanks

your certainly getting out there looks a good mooch liked the entrance/stairs area shame about the damage looks like a lot of cables still there so carnt be metal thieves