This year I managed to go on a trip to Chernobyl and Pripyat and I gotta say I had the most fantastic time and met some stellar explorers and witnessed some superhuman vodka consumption and even though my luggage went missing and my insurance company STILL are trying to squirm out of paying any compensation I can honestly say that this experience was one that I will remember for ever..seriously it was that good and the company and comeradery of the lads and lasses made the whole thing a bit special.

Firstly some video that I took, it is a bit shakey because I shot it at 60fps..doh

First off, we arrived and split into groups and were told be back here for 4pm, well it was eerie to say the least and with the disaster in the back of my mind I was in awe of the place that was once modern and full of life but now a ghost city.

The new sarcophagus that is being built to cover the old crumbling reactor that caused such mayem 26 years ago, it will be lowered over the old cover

The Pesky reactor that is beginning to leak radiation once more

The veiw from the top of the Fujiyama building, the powerplant can be seen in the distance

the corner of Lenin square today with its telephone box

and how it was before the disaster picture courtesy of wikepedia

Another shot of what was once a main road between appartment complexes

The remnants of a theatre that was in the culture palace

some huge portraits that were in the propaganda building

A visit to the Dentist

what is in the cupboard

I took so many pictures here but the abiding memory of this trip will be one of people..

thanks for looking