Hulme Flumes Little Brother (Re-Visited)

It has been said I like to sniff some occasional shit..

.. SO after some reminiscing and running out of Kronies I decided it was too nice of a night to waste stuck indoors

The usual suspects weren't about, so it was a good opportunity to meet more new faces

I managed to recruit a new victim who seemed more than keen to check out some of the City's drains

Anyway the new Lidl value waders that had been rattling around in the boot of my car all week needed putting to some good use so as usual it was a last minute.com meet

(Top lad, he even brought me some kronies)

For some reason I got the urge to revisit HFLB, besides it's not a bad intro to sewers for someone who's never ventured into the fresh before

Without realising, I took him via the tourist route, sadly his thigh waders were no match for the River, so again he got another soaking

I've been here dozens of times over the past couple of years, essentially a simple CSO the place does has a certain charm...

An unassuming Brick Arch breathes fresh over the River

Once inside the overflow (a 1.8M RBP) twists and turns before a short run up to the trunk

Eventually reaching the small overflow chamber located under the Junction of Whitworth/Princess Street

(P14)

Here a 2.1M trunk sewer flows through and inverts under the manually operated Penstock

(A quick dip in the fresh was in order to clean off teh wad0rs before heading back out)

GOINDRAINS