Medfield, Wrentham and Lovely Linhoff

I usually explore with my friends Moss and Antzville as the Stooges...we've had a ton of fun..Unfortunately increasingly they are unavailable due to job and family commitments...I've been fortunate to find a new friend Shannon, who is an excellent explorer and pretty much ready to head out any time.

On my way down to a conference I met up with Shannon at Medfield, which is where much of Leonardo Dicaprio's Shutter Island was filmed. I parked where I usually do, in front of the multi story newest building…I got hassled as it being abated to be torn down and directed to a sign in spot at another gate…just to the East…Shannon met me there and didn’t like the idea of signing I but I figured I was stuck since I just had been identified at the other entrance…Long story short no sign in but the guard followed us around the whole time at a distance in the security car.
The main intrest was the suit cases in the basement of a bldg. on the West side...old mouldy ones...the patients check in but they never check out....that unfortunately was resolutely boarded and no entry was possible without major tool work…The cafeteria had a car parked just outside the normal entrance with nobody in it..I’m guessing another guard was down inside snoozing. We where the only ones there and with the security it was a bust.

Next stop Wrentham….this is seldom done and for good reason….everything is out in the open and they call the cops..I found one semi isolated bldg. and we got in through an open window…It was creepy on the outside but mostly storage inside…a small 2 story jail section provide about the only decent shot.

1.JailBait

The real gem was Linhoff…Moss Lopez and I went once 4 or 5 years ago and didn’t see half of what we wanted due to it being very late in a long day…Better luck this time……first we got through an open window in the old building in the back. There was a def concern about security and not wanting to get caught with gear we went in light.not realy expecting to get in. .I had no tripod having to do it all handheld and Shannon only her I phone rather than the brace of expensive DSLR's she usually brings. This place has 3 security people...1 at the gate. 1 drives around and another walks with a dog

An ancient machine to contact Mars

General Heavy Decay

Then after some real concern about hearing the security guys dog barking we crawled through some bushes and found a high broken window in the back..Risking arterial cuts we carefully climbed through and I was pleased to find the palce in condition reasonably similar to my last trip Prob due to the security
The Bone Stretcher.

View of security's changing of the guard from the Bone Stretcher Room

Then a major search for the Iron Lungs….I knew they where near security but there are two wings here and we spent some time until I spotted them while looking out a window….Paydirt I waited 5 or 6 years to get back to see them..

Hmm Shannon the pretty paralyzed cripple

And then to the basement through a blizzard of asbestos from scrappers… to the Morgue….totally dark....no tripod for me and only an I phone for Shannon..I'm surprised we got any decent shots. though we plan t go back for some better shots with the Stooges, Moss and Arntzville

4 drawers of fun.