Thanks

Arrow Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen, March 2012

Just noticed this is going to be my first report for nearly a year. I miss weekly explores.

It's one of my biggest regrets never going in here when it was freshly discovered and full of lovely bits and bobs. I had plenty of opportunity and I didn't bother; stupid. So here we are, 3 years later and everything has been removed by the NHS. On the up side, the building is now nicely decayed, though it has suffered a fair amount of vandalism, sadly.

I know virtually nothing about the building itself apart from the fact it was a lunatic asylum, and what I do know I've been told and can't verify, so I'll skip the history. I heard rumours that the place is going to be demolished in the near future, which was all the incentive I needed to finally get my ass in gear and go check it out. This only Lower Hospital, Upper Hospital is next on the agenda.

This will be relatively pic-heavy, I'm useless at keeping the numbers down.

One room appeared to be just recently broken into. It was relatively clean, with a server humming away loudly and a big pile of needles and various other things in the middle of the floor.

Nice old dust collector.

Lots more here if anyone's interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/revelat...7629671685541/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Revelation_Space For This Useful Post:

peterc4 (05-06-2013)