http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/northeas...00/9391140.stm

Total spur of the moment visit...got a day off work, had a quick scour on here to see any local places of interest I could ponder around and this one grabbed me.

Did not expect it to be where it was...thought it would be more hidden. Also, giving where it is, I thought it would be more secure.

Parked up outside after driving round the edges for a bit. Nipped into the Shell garage for a quick butty before hopping over the wall and casually walking into the yard area.

I was the one with the camera and so the girlfriend was being the lookout...not that she was needed. Not a guard, nosey neighbour or dog in sight. However, there were fresh(ish) dog prints in the mud...so there are patrols going on.

Went around the main bit first...couldn't find a way in. All previous entries have all been reboarded. Chapel was as tight as a ducks arse.

However, when looking around wards 1 - 4 (the separate building at the top of the hill) we managed to find a way in.

This is my first big explore so to say I wasn't shitting bricks would be a total lie. My arse cheeks were clenched the whole explore, don't think I breathed much either. Did not help that it was really windy and at one point a gust of wind must of shifted some metal fencing outside, well, I shite everywhere and hid in the lift.

Got the torches out once inside and has a good scout around. Most of the main wards to either side are now dilapidated, floors and ceilings gone, mostly flooded.

Would really like to know what those bracket like things are hanging in the yard though?

These are the bracket things I was talking about.