Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Arrow Benwick ROC Post - (Cambridgeshire Group) - October 2011

Opened: July 1960

Closed: October 1968

Visited with Tankman while on the rounds in the fens, the only reason we stopped off at this post was while doing some posts it popped up on the satnav and well we assumed it was there just not in our 91 book. We got mislead turns out the post shut in 68 and is long gone. The post has been Demolished.

At a rough guess the post was somewhere in this bush by the road, its full of old rubbish including some rubble which may have been from the post.

There was also this fence area on the other side I spotted just as we was leaving and taken from the car, so could have been up there who knows.

Subbrit lists this one as the position to be found, you wont find it I can tell you that now
    Waiting for a war that never happened....

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ

Visit http://therocproject.webs.com/

Corrosion= Rust = Decay= Bunkerkid

☻/
    /▌
    / \

Thanks

Default Re: Benwick ROC post Cambridgeshire October 2011

Ok, so, 3rd post of 3 I have nosey'd through tonight. You boys don't half travel and don't seem to find much. Is it about the history? Or seeing whats left? All credit to you, I wouldn't have the patience, what keeps you going?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadBatz View Post
    Ok, so, 3rd post of 3 I have nosey'd through tonight. You boys don't half travel and don't seem to find much. Is it about the history? Or seeing whats left? All credit to you, I wouldn't have the patience, what keeps you going?
    Good question and I sometimes ask myself it lol. We basically travel the roads seeing these posts just for as you said to see the history and document the remains of the ones we visit. At the end of the day they are all holes in the ground plain and simple but each one is slightly different, ive visted ones that are sealed with boulders, ones flooded to the roof overs full of old pipes or tons of paperwork and original equipment. And ive seen 1 with an indian styled wood cut statue on the hatch!

In short they are fun and interesting to look and and you do as we do have to travel a fair way to see them but then you do with all reports on this website of any UE area!
    Waiting for a war that never happened....

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ

Visit http://therocproject.webs.com/

Corrosion= Rust = Decay= Bunkerkid

☻/
    /▌
    / \

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkerkid View Post
    Good question and I sometimes ask myself it lol. We basically travel the roads seeing these posts just for as you said to see the history and document the remains of the ones we visit. At the end of the day they are all holes in the ground plain and simple but each one is slightly different, ive visted ones that are sealed with boulders, ones flooded to the roof overs full of old pipes or tons of paperwork and original equipment. And ive seen 1 with an indian styled wood cut statue on the hatch!

In short they are fun and interesting to look and and you do as we do have to travel a fair way to see them but then you do with all reports on this website of any UE area!
    Sweet man, cheers for answering. I like seeing the pics, I suppose we all do things for different reasons. i like to take photographs, thats my thing, so these wouldn't be great for me but they do interest me. I still want to work out how to get into the Flamborough one though....

Thanks

The post is probably still there but the surface features removed and the monitoring room filled in. Even some ones that were in good condition a few years back could now be trashed or flooded.

Thanks

I love ROC Posts but many people class them as the rejects of UE cos theyre not l33t enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alcock View Post
    I love ROC Posts but many people class them as the rejects of UE cos theyre not l33t enough.
    How do you hear ROC posts when they say Alcock?

Seriously though, I get why they might be seen as odd, cos a lot of the time they are little flooded holes in the ground, compared to a sprawling Asylum, you could see why they are written off. Especially if photography is the main driver for a persons urbexing. But on the side of interest and relative history, each has a different perspective...

Thanks

How do you hear ROC posts when they say Alcock?
    What do you mean?

Seriously though, I get why they might be seen as odd, cos a lot of the time they are little flooded holes in the ground, compared to a sprawling Asylum, you could see why they are written off. Especially if photography is the main driver for a persons urbexing. But on the side of interest and relative history, each has a different perspective...
    I do understand what you mean about Asylums. But i think some people can go too far with ROC's when they purposly visit totally flooded ones or totally demolished ones. The people on here that love them so much tend to have their own!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
    What do you mean?

I do understand what you mean about Asylums. But i think some people can go too far with ROC's when they purposly visit totally flooded ones or totally demolished ones. The people on here that love them so much tend to have their own!
    I see that, how do you HAVE a ROC post at your age anyway?

Thanks

Default Re: Benwick ROC Post - (Cambridgeshire Group) - October 2011

"How do you hear ROC posts when they say Alcock?" - What do you mean by that?

And how do you know what my age is?

Its because im strong minded/willed and i like to succeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast