Well after a failed explore at ROC Bempton (couldn't get in) I made my way back to the town I was born in, Scarborough. Dejected and with a few hours to spare.....then inspiration! Why not go see the McCain Stadium?

So a bit of history (nicked from wiki)

'The McCain Stadium is a disused football stadium located on Seamer Road in Scarborough, England. It was the home of Scarborough FC, a defunct football club who last played in the English Conference North before they were dissolved on 20 June 2007 with debts of £2.5 million.[1]
The ground was first opened in 1898, when Scarborough FC moved from playing at Scarborough Cricket Club. It was then called the Athletic Ground. In 1988, under a sponsorship deal, Scarborough FC sold the naming rights of the Athletic Ground to McCain Foods and until its closure in 2007 the stadium was known as the McCain Stadium.'

It seems a bit shortsighted that the club was wound up over £2.5 Million (If you care to read the dodgy history of corruption that allegedly let a tiny club get in this much debt in the first place, it's quite 'interesting') when they could have sold the stadium site for enough to clear it and build a newer stadium but the council blocked it (but then Scarborough Council has a history of 'suspicious' decisions lol).

On a personal note I spent a lot of my early years either on the East Stand (as it was then) or in the Cowshed (pictured below).

West Stand (SFC for Scarborough football Club)

The Cowshed, home of the noisy supporters.

View from the tunnel.

Not the best place for managers!

That pitch will take some cutting!

I couldn't find a 'lonely chair' so will a 'lonely filing cabinet' do?

Me, in the bar.