Visited with Tankman while on holiday!

This post is odd in that it is meant to house seismograph equipment and therefore would mean it is still operational, now to me this is what I call 'the future of the ROC' as this post is even after closure still running, even if its automatically run. After closure in 1991 it was converted to house the seismograph kit, from subbrit when a public relations officer at AWE Aldermaston was questioned about the use of the posts he said, "These form a part of the Ministry of Defense network of seismic stations used in connection with nuclear test ban verification. We have 6 seismic stations at former ROC sites."

The post opened in September 1960 and closed the same time in 1991.

This is a picture of the post in November 2010 from 'Muppet' and you can see after below some things have changed to suggest the post is still operational despite TM's thoughts it has been abandoned.

The post today taken by me, you can see the white boxes on the side we think are battery banks have been redone with masking tape and also the bike chain has been extended from one lock to both on the hatch, another had also been added to the compound gate (no picture).

FSM and BPI pipes.

Vent, you can see remains of the pump up mast on it, st.breward was a master post.

Guying point for the mast.

The post compound.

And of course no post is secure without a security cow

Cheers for looking