Thanks

Arrow HILBRE BOYS SCHOOL. NORFOLK. 02/11

This was my first night explore, met DJ OSKA and shadow ops for a recce around what was a Boys school, we are still researching the history, we know that it closed in 1994. I used to service the swimming pool in 92/93, the pool and pool house no longer exists but the main school house and a few external buildings exist. We could not gain entry to the main house, but managed to enter some of the old class rooms. We are returning in the very near future to access the house. Once this is achieved we will post more photos and hopefully be able to find out a bit more of the schools history.
    Until then heres a little taster :-)

Sun Roof LoL

This room seems to be favoured by the birds, judging by the nests.

What I loved about this place is the way it is so over grown everywhere in and out, its amazing how nature claws it all back.

Thanks

Default Re: HILBRE BOYS SCHOOL. NORFOLK. 02/11

It was.

The wind was-a-howling and the trees were-a-swaying...
    And 50 yards down the road, the piggy-wigs were on duty attending to a fallen tree limb on Holway Road.

It wasn't long after the 3 of us met up when we found ourselves wading through a sea of brambles and long grass, hoping we didn't stumble over a keen snake or a man-trap.
    We walked in pitch black through this wasteland to the rear of the school compound.
    Eventually, after reaching the secure fencing, we managed to find a way in through a hole in the fence...

The first building we met, after battling the brambles and swaying branches, was a block of classrooms.

The large windows were all boarded up, except one- which was our entrance!
    We were greeted with this sight:

This is only a small portion of the site, as our main target was the former Schoolhouse, which stands tall above the overgrown shrubs and trees which have taken over the former school's landscaped grounds.

Unfortunately, we wern't able to get in during our visit.
    Since the pikeys have started drilling work around the site, they have also taken the time to re-board up the windows explorers used for entering with centre-pin screws, and a ratchet system to prevent us pulling the board out.

We are determined to get inside though- before it's too late.

Thanks

Some Info I've gathered up from Friends Reunited and courtesy of Mimble (Cherry):

Hilbre School was founded in 1961 and the first pupil to attend was actually Female, indicating that this wasn't purely a BOYS school as suggested...
    The school was a centre for "Mal-adjusted Children" and many attended for different reasons.
    Due to lack of funding, the school had to close in 1994.

Thanks

So last night, Shadow_ops and I made a return visit to Hilbre, determined to get inside.

We prepared our entrance by day, grabbing some exterior shots on the way round, but making our entrance was time-consuming, and time was running out...

Here are the abandoned classrooms Simonix and I visited the other night... this time, in DAYLIGHT!

Lovely corridor shot:

This WAS a classroom:

Here we are in the former grass playground outside the Main Schoolhouse- this was once a neatly mowed lawn.

We returned by night to sneak inside our makeshift entrance...

More coming soon in the video, when I create it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ OSKA For This Useful Post:

D3sp3rado (09-02-2011)