After living here for nearly 6 years, I have been to a lot of the Dover tunnels (still not all though), Dover tunnels are not all of the same build date a lot of them being WW2 and Quite a few Napoleonic ones make up the majority of the tunnels I have visited...........

One of the many tunnels under Dover castle

Barwicks tunnel, The story goes....like most tunnels in Dover Barwicks were used as air aid shelters, whilst a group of people were sheltering a bomb came through soft ground and exploded above the tunnels, an elderly lady was killed by a boulder falling and hitting her, she had only just lost her husband 2 weeks earlier in the bombing raid that killed 11 people including my great grandfather in the market square.

The grand shaft, it has three stairways, for differing class type so the upper middle and lower class never had to mingle with each other.

What is known as the Northern entrance. it links two forts together

Z rocket, the cliffs above used to be home to a huge gun.

Oil mills....huge warehouse type structure beneath ground said to have been oil and fuel storage.

oil mills west

OK I am stopping there, I will be sure to do updated explores to most of these locations...thank you for looking.