Visited this with Bryag last night... His 'Spiderskills' came in very handy in getting into the place, although his timing was a little shady

I've failed to find out much about this place, apart from the fact it was opened in 1939, and had a capacity to seat 1023 people. It ceased trading as a cinema, and was converted to use for Bingo in 1963, and finally closed it's doors in 2006.

How it looks today :

And a couple of old photos from it's Bingo days, taken from 'Scottishcinemas.org' (courtesy of Derek Mathieson) :

We had high hopes of this one, but we were to be disappointed - the demo boys had beaten us to it somewhat Still, there were a few wee reminders of it's past dotted about here and there in the remains.

The sight that greets you as you enter

Entrance lobby :

A hint of Deco with the stairs and handrail...

Upstairs lobby :

We found the remains of the Projector Room, although the projectors were long gone...

Which led you onto the roof

And there was this 'Door of Death' - opened it in the dark, it very nearly had me

And a few random shots :

We'd heard tales of serious Deco-goodness about this place from former patrons, but I think these might've been exaggerated somewhat, but still, it was nice to finally get in, just a shame about the demo guys beating us to it!